WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC.
IN THE HEART OF THE SEA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND A TWITTER ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE. ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION OF THEIR RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER) AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By participating in the promotion, you are providing your information to Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc., not to Twitter.
1. Sponsors: Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160, Burbank, CA 91522 (“Sponsor”).
2. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001 (“Administrator”).
3. Eligibility: “The In the Heart of the Sea Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees or independent contractors of Sponsor, Administrator, Village Roadshow Pictures, Roth Films, Imagine Entertainment, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the In the Heart of the Sea Movie, and/or each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies (“Promotion Entities”), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win the prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Sweepstakes Schedule: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 4, 2015 and ends 11:59 p.m. PT on December 17, 2015 (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
5. Sweepstakes Entry:
During the Promotion Period, send a tweet containing the hashtag #TheChaseBeginsSweepstakes and @WBPictures along with one of the designated promotional videos (“Video”) located at http://thechasebeginssweepstakes.intheheartoftheseamovie.com (“Website”) or “Re-Tweet” one of the Sweepstakes Tweets that includes the hashtag #TheChaseBeginsSweepstakes. Hashtag is not case-sensitive. All use of the word “tweet” (as used in conjunction with entries made via Twitter as per this section) includes the accompanying comment (tweet) as well.
BY SUBMITTING A TWEET ALONG WITH THE HASHTAG #THECHASEBEGINSSWEEPSTAKES, VIDEO AND @WBPICTURES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A TWEET WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Your tweet along with the hashtag #TheChaseBeginsSweepstakes, the Video and @WBPictures will constitute your entry into this Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., tweeting the Video and @WBPictures without the hashtag #TheChaseBeginsSweepstakes; tweeting the hashtag #TheChaseBeginsSweepstakes without @WBPictures or the Video) will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU MUST OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN). Among other points, tweet must comply with these Official Rules in all respects, including without limitation, the Content Guidelines below.
Once submitted, Entry becomes the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Twitter), and cannot be modified by Entrant. By submitting a tweet, Entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission and grant the license herein described) to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use entrant’s photograph, name, likeness and all other information about the Entrant contained in the tweet on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use Entrant's photograph, name, likeness and all other information about Entrant in the tweet, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation, notice, review or approval for any and all purposes including, without limitation, the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor’s and/or its designees’ products and services, and as otherwise solely determined by Sponsor and/or its designees. Such License will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor’s/its designees’ request and potential winner agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor and its designees in their sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the Entry and the selection of another Entry as a potential winner.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple Entries in violation of the preceding limitations and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all Entries, as appropriate, by such person/Twitter account. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the Entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All Entries must be submitted via “tweet” on Twitter in their entirety prior to expiration of Promotion Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
You may only use one (1) Twitter account to participate in the Sweepstakes. All Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Website. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to "protected mode," or “private” your updates/responses may not be visible on the @WBPictures timeline and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit @WBPictures to see your Twitter updates.
If you opt to access Twitter via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
6. Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules, Twitter, each Entry must not contain any content that violates 3rd party rights or is profane, obscene, disparaging or is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, even if an Entry also includes content which is in violation of the preceding content guidelines.
If an Entry cannot be viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor or Administrator for any reason, such Entry shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
7. Random Drawing/Selection of Winner: Potential Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about 12/28/15 via a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to this Sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, the content of a person’s tweet will not be taken into account in the winner selection process (provided that the tweet is determined by Sponsor/Administrator to be in compliance with these Official Rules).
Potential winner will be notified by direct message from the Sponsor’s Twitter account. You MUST follow @WBPictures on Twitter to be notified. The direct message will request that the potential winner e-mail the Sponsor/Administrator at the specified e-mail address with specific personal information (ex: full name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, Twitter username). Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after notification will result in disqualification. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return within three (3) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law (“Winner Documents”). If the potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond to direct message contact or if winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period, potential Grand Prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from all remaining non-winning eligible entries received for the Grand Prize drawing. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account associated with the Twitter account used to participate in the Promotion. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
8. Prizes, Values and Odds:
Grand Prize (1 winner): Grand Prize Winner will receive $2,500.00 to be awarded in the form of a check payable to the Grand Prize winner. ARV of Grand Prize is $2,500.00.
Winner is not entitled to exchange, substitute or transfer prize except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. If for any reason the announced prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may award substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value. Prize will only be delivered to address within the United States. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more.
Odds of winning a prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Grand Prize winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if under the age of majority in his or her state of residence (a “minor”), the Grand Prize winner must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian, or travel with the written permission of such parent or legal guardian in form and substance acceptable to Sponsors in their sole discretion. Guest (or, guest’s parent/legal guardian if guest is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. The Grand Prize winner and his or her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. The round trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. The Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Grand Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents.
9. General Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents and representatives and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, as well as Twitter Inc. (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage of any kind (including but not limited to death) arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Sweepstakes in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software (This includes but is not limited to filtering by [or other operation of] the technology of Twitter.) The foregoing also includes any malfunction/error/failure deemed by Sponsor/Administrator in the sole discretion of either party to impact the availability or accessibility of tweets submitted by entrants or the transmission or receipt of winner notifications. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the Website as well as on the Sponsor’s Twitter account. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry or participation to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person's computer or wireless mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Failure of Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons entering the Sweepstakes further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES** VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. Disputes: To the fullest extent permitted by law, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or an appropriate California State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. Winner’s List: For name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt no later than 12/31/15 to: “In the Heart of the Sea Sweepstakes Winner”, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
©2015 Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved.